Saturday, March 28, 2009

Friday (March 27th 2009)

Friday was wonderful. I feel really proud of myself - I changed my eats up almost entirely. It worked out really well too! I had a date last night. And due to the way I had changed things up, I didn't feel nearly as full as I usually do at the end of the day. I mean, it was challenging. But in a good way.
Yesterday morning was also my weigh-in. I was so absolutely convinced I was going to have finally made my two-pound-per-week goal, after jumping up almost 500 calories to 3600. I didn't though. ED was shocked, as was I. My mom and I agreed that we would give it another week before I have to increase to 4,000 calories a day though. We decided that if I don't gain at least one pound, that I would have to up it again. :sigh: I'm kinda hoping it doesn't come to that.

Anyways....

Breakfast: Dorset Berries n Cherries muesli, Bear Naked trail mix, Bear Naked triple berry granola, golden raisins, almonds, and a crumbled Lemon Vanilla Cashew nectar bar. All drowned with warmed Soy Vanilla Chai protein shake and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Also a glass of plum juice and a slice of toast. Great breakfast. Not too filling at all, and it totalled up to 970 calories ^.^


Snack: Fage 2%, sliced banana, more triple-berry granola, ground flax, and honey.


Lunch: Avocado and grated carrot sammich. Sliced fuji apple. I actually ended up taking all my veggies (broccoli,cuke,tomato) and the sliced hard boiled egg and putting them into a salad bowl after the photo. I realized if I put everything into one dish it'd be less to look at. Also had an apple juice box.


Lunch dessert was the Dark Chocolate Mocha nectar bar, warmed in the microwave. Sooo good.

After lunch, I got a little surprise in the mail from...

Oikos! They sent me some great coupons,and a few free goodies. Thank you Oikos! I am so looking forward to trying their Greek yogurt. I've never really had anything organic before, so it'll be interesting to see if there really is a difference. Definitely going to the grocery store today with those coupons. Look for my review of Oikos soon!


Afternoon snack: Cottage cheese with fruit and nut granola, chopped dried figs. Loved this snack. It was light but good.



Dinner: grilled salmon (!!), pasta with olive oil, ground flax and greens. mixed veggies and peas. I also had a vanilla yogurt with crunchy peanut butter and orange marmalade for my "dessert".
I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I was actually a vegan/vegetarian before starting recovery. The only reasons why I have given it up are because I wanted to prove to my family (and perhaps myself?) that my vegan choice was not and eating-disorder driven one, and also because with the amount of food I need to eat, it does get very expensive. And vegan/veggie options are more often than not a bit on the pricey side. Do I intend on going back to vegetarian? Whole-heartedly. I much prefer vegetarian foods. I don't really even like fish, but I agreed to being pescatarian for the duration of my refeeding/weight gain process.



Nighttime snack: Oats with vanilla caramel coffee creamer, cinnamon brown sugar. Topped with sliced strawberries, strawberry preserves and nutella. First time trying this combination. So. awesome. This was possibly the best "dessert oatmeal" ever.
One more time, up close and personal? I think so.

I am definitly having this again tonight. It was really that good.

I hope you all are having a fabulous weekend. Mine has gotten off to a fairly good start. Hopefully it'll stay that way. I'm feeling pretty good with everything at the moment (ok, its 5:40AM - what could possibly be happening right now anyways?) but I think its a sign for good things to come.

12 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so proud of the way you keep bouncing back from the knock-downs and pushing yourself further. You rock. I am doing my 'challenge' today and that first bite will be in honour of YOU. Mwah.
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay tori awesome job yesterday! you're doing everything perfectly, incorporating dense cals so you don't get too sick and learning what you like to eat as you begin to eat more which will obviously make you such a more normal eater once you restore your weight. you've really accomplished so much and come such a long way, great job with all the challenges and creative recipes- hope today goes just as well!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the different eats.
    It's awesome how resilient you are and how you keep bouncing back and challenging yourself even when things don't work out as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're having such a positive day! Everyone has already said it, but you're such a fighter and it's amazing how you can bounce back like this. Sorry your weight gain isn't coming along very fast! You're doing such a great job with dense foods though. Enjoy your weekend! Much love

    ReplyDelete
  5. iam so proud of how well you are doing..dont let the non weight gain discourage you..you can do it and you are doing great with your meals. you are an inspiration girly! have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing so amazing!! And that desert oatmeal? Oh gosh, I'm trying that tonight!!

    I know I've said this SO many times before, but I really look up to you during this whole recovery process. I read your blog every morning and for the rest of the day I keep in mind how much you ate. I know it may sound terrible, but you and I both know that you have a fast metabolism! And I feel as if I do too...so knowing that I'm not the only one is such a comfort to me.

    I'm not sure if I mentioned this but when I was in the hospital a few years ago they had me on a 3500 calorie a day meal plan, and I spent most days on bed rest because I didn't make the cutoff for amount of weight gained.

    Oh memorriieesss =P

    Have a LOVELY day miss Tor!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. tori!
    congratulations on your amazing day! i know the non-weight gain is frustrating - ive always had a fast metabolism and with my hyperthyroid, weight dot not come on, especially in recovery. i am going through a rough time right now and i now i can do (and have done) so much better. but you're my inspiration - you continue to put in 110% everyday and you stick to it! you are amazing. im so glad you decided to start blogging <3

    enjoy the oikos! they send me coupons last week and its very good, so creamy :)

    love your dessert oatmeal too - must try that soon!!!

    enjoy your weekend darling,
    love brooke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tori, you ROCK my socks off!!! You're so awesome! Seriously, whereabout in the US are you? Because I'll totally come visit and eat with you :) Don't worry about the weight gain, you're doing everything you can and your body will catch up soon enough, it took several weeks at 4000 for me to jumpstart it and I was able to slowly lower after that. I got some Oikos coupons online too! So i'll be trying those soon though I'm not sure if they have full fat? If you're up for it I would recommend fage total, or if you have it in your region, try Greek Gods honey flavored, it's like 360 cals a cup or more and the taste is divine.
    Keep up the fight! and sooo happy you had a good date too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your blog!!! i am trying to gain weight too and it really inspires/motivates me and gives me good ideas. thank you so much for doing this and even though you didn't gain, you are still doing amazing and should be so proud of that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, love your blog and the cute name! Try not to feel too glum about not meeting your weight gain goals, at least you're doing the work to get healthy! All your eats look so yummy, especially those pretty oats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi girl - I just discovered your blog, and really, I'm in AWE of your strength. You are such a fighter!

    That dessert after din dins - ohmigod. Looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tori,

    I just found your blog and wanted to say hi. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the new Greek yogurt - sounds yummy. My dietician has talked about how your metabolism will often kick-start once you start eating regularly again, and how frustrating it can be to keep adding and adding only to feel like nothing is changing. I really admire you for sticking with it and not becoming frustrated. All of your meals look so healthy and delicious!

    Elle

    ReplyDelete