Thursday, July 9, 2009

Recap of The Date.

Oh my gosh.
I really like him. A lot. We have so much in common - its kind of weird. Like we know a lot of the same people - one of my best friend's friends has been dating his best friend for years. I went to middle school with his best friend, and due to alphabetical order we were perpetually assigned as partners together on projects. We like a lot of same music. He has an appreciation for art (yay!), and likes photography. He likes being outside just as much I do - trekking through the woods or strolling down at the beach. Soo weird. I guess not weird - just kinda one of those things. Look what an awesome and cool person I meet when I'm not even expecting it, right? I got a bit nervous trying to figure out what to order myself to eat and he was really patient about it - didn't get annoyed or anything. He kept telling me it was OK and that I didn't have to worry about it. Made me feel a lot better about the whole situation. And I'm really proud of myself haha. I took a page from Jaime and ordered grilled shrimp with brown rice, broccoli, pico de gallo and pineapple salsa. Wooo. I had long since forgotten how much I loved spicy food. It was cute - D kept asking me if I was doing okay with the anxiety thing and making sure I wasn't freaking out inside. I really was fine though - once I got the decision making part over with. I really appreciated the concern though, and it did make me feel a bit more comfortable, knowing that he wasn't annoyed or totally irritated by my apparently obvious initial nervousness. (I tried so hard to supress it! Apparently I'm fidgety and kept moving around in my seat without realizing it.) But since I knew I didn't really get enough calories with dinner - I was perfectly fine with having ice cream after dinner. Yay! I am SO happy. I feel so normal. I mean - I admit to trying to figure out in my head how many calories I was eating, and how much more I needed to go to make my quota for the day. I was a bit nervous about not eating enough- girl lost weight this week and had to increase :\ - BUT fortunately for me the fact that I'm a girl who can eat is a good quality haha. Very encouraging for yours truly.

So. I really like him a lot. Yep. We strolled around for awhile, played on the playground and people-watched and talked. He's in college, has a job, and can drive. OK three things I've never seen in a guy all at once so I'm rather impressed. He's my age. Woo! Apparently he thought I was like 17 initially, so me being his age was a bit of a relief. To be honest - I was afraid he was going to be younger than me too, since I always get hit on by guys that are still in high school. But yeah...I had a really great time with him and I'm really glad I went out with him.

And for the ultimate "Aww", I awoke this morning to find a message on my phone from him - saying he had a great time and he'd like to see me again.

21 comments:

  1. YAY!!!
    I'm so happy for you!! Just to read you had a good time makes me kind of happy... No idea why *blush*!
    Glad to hear you're doing fine and nice to read that he enjoyed the time as much as you did!! You go girl!! ;)
    Hug nic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Tori! This post made me so happy this morning!! I'm so so glad to hear you had a wonderful time with this guy, and that you both have so much in common. He sounds so sensitive and understanding - it's great that he was comforting you to make sure you weren't anxious, but at the same time not being the 'food police'. Wow, these guys are hard to find ;-)

    Enjoy your day today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad everything went well ~ he sounds like a truly lovely person and I think you coped with the situation exceptionally well : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. huuuuugggeeee smile on my face right now =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously... Awww! This guy sounds amazing - not only is he cute, nice, and smart, but he sounds so supportive and understanding! I hope you take him up on his offer to see you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, how cute! That's brilliant, I'm really glad you had a good time and well done for coping with dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is absolutely WONDERFUL! i am SO super happy for you! get it, girrrrl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a keeper :D! I'm in such a good mood just from reading this! A shrimp dinner & ice cream? & a great guy?? Now you're livin' it up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. tori, i am so so happy for you, this guy sounds amazing. :)

    love you so much
    eliza

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY TORI, I'm so happy for you! He sounds like an amazing guy and I'm glad you like him so much. There are so many great things in store for you.
    Have a great day, much love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG TORI!!!!!! SO SO SO SO SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! (thank you for the shout by the way- i'm honored!) you did SUCH a fabulous job-- it feels SO amazing to conquer such a fear-- you should be soooo proud of yourself!

    this guy sounds great-- i cant wait to hear more about him :) xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh ps!!

    i moved my blog to wordpress so you might want to update your blog roll to:

    www.fearlessfabulousfulloflife.com/feed

    :) thanks love

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww Im so happy that it all went well for you. He sounds like a realy great guy and its brilliant you went out an enjoyed yourself and felt normal! I really hope you get to see him again.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heh Tori, I don't even know you that well, but I am SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!! You took a MASSIVE step and look how wonderful it turned out? Your guy sounds truly lovely and worth keeping I reckon ;) I hope you have as great a time on your 2nd date!!
    Congratulations again!
    Lotsa Love,
    Rose xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodd thats so amazing:D im so proud of you to have that food out by the way and relax at the same time!
    this i exacily what u need in your life at the moment a nice, attracticve guy who will treat u how u deserve...amazingly :D
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. He sounds truly amazing, someone that good doesn't come along every day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my God, I am SO happy for you, I am literally jumping up and down on my seat. you TOTALLY deserve all the happiness you can get, Tori, and I hope this is JUST the BEGINNING of many new joys to come! LOVE YA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. okay I have to admit that I just jumped up and screamed a little bit! haha YEEEEEEEE I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freaking excited for you! AHhh OMG OMG OMG you deserve this SO much and it feels like the greatest thing in the world to hear that YOU are enjoying life so much and that you felt so normal! haha OMG I am seriously so excited for you babe! Not only did you click instantly with this guy, you were able to enjoy yourself, eat normally, and just revel in the moments. What's even better is that he was so nice and understanding and patient. Could he get any better?! I think not. I feel like jumping in your room together and screaming with excitement for how great this could be. haha Yeah I have def done that with my friends when they get all excited about a new boy. :) Okay I love ya and am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. beauuuuuuuuuutiful tori! loads of greetings from me from germany :) wish you were here xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there! I just stumbled on your blog and i can't wait to read more!

    Have a fantastic friday!
    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete