Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday 11/14

Hey lovelies! Sorry for the lack of postage. With the holiday season and midterms, things have been kinda crazy lately between work and school. I have to get up at 3AM on Black Friday to get to work for 4AM and I'm there til sometime midafternoon. Totally dreading that. Apparently, it going to be the retail version of Fight Club. No cellphones in or within 100 yards of the store - has to remain in my car, in the SEARS parking lot next door, turned off. No speaking to anyone outside of the store about what goes on inside. No contacting anyone while on shift. Crazy right? Sigh. Mostly, I just hate how thrown off my schedule will be. I've already decided to tell myself three things: I will not worry about many cigs I smoke, how much coffee I drink, or how many calories I eat that day. FREE REIGN.

New find I found at the local discount store:

Gingerbread, Pumpkin Spice and Peppermint Mocha latte mixes!

We all know what my first instinct was...

Ginger Bread Latte oats!
1/3 cup oat bran cooked with 1 packet of GingerBread Latte, about 2/3 mashed in 'nana. Then topped with 2TBS cinnamon raisin peanut butter, handful of walnuts and the rest of the sliced banana. Soo good. I can't wait to try making concoctions with the other flavors, though this was really, really yummy.

And here's how I spent my last sculpture class. Ladies and Gents, I give you Clarence the green elephant.

I actually made about five of these and gave a few away. PJ was given to a girl in my art class, and Clarence was given to Dan. I love my sculpture class just a little bit more now, after sitting there looking at a stack of left over mini-notepads and realzing I could turn them into something awesome. Everyone in my class thought I must have seen a pattern online to figure it out. But no - I was legit just folding pages and out of nowhere exclaimed "Hey! I can make elephants!" I admit to having been questioning my choice to be in the art field, and was doubting my ability to create. This kind of restored my faith in myself.

Hope you all are having a great weekend! Despite it all, I know I am.
<3

12 comments:

  1. Wow you're so creative! I would never have thought of that (probably searching on the net too, lol)

    Yum coffee in oatmeal...so good! You took it to another level with latte! :)

    Have a nice day, I hope you won't be too exhausted with those crazy hours!

    xoxo
    Vanilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. elephant note pads! you are a genius and so talented! and I love elephants, they are my favorite animal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh..those holliday lattes look amazing girl!! where did you find those?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those latte mixes! I use a mix for chocolate coffee in my oats sometimes, and that works great too...
    Those elephants are so creative and adorable! I'm glad you found back some faith in yourself, because really girl: you should! Hope you have a great weekend. Good luck with the black friday, as long as you take good care, even during that stressful day:)

    xxx Julia (Taste of Living)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, those elephants are adorable!

    Black Friday sounds like its going to be mad! Christmas eve at the supermarket I'm out probably isn't anywhere near (and it's pretty scary!)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey lovie,
    ahh genius with the latte mix in your oats, that looks amazing! :)
    o jeez black friday sounds crazzzy. but i know you can get through it! i hate when my schedule is all mixed up, but i like your goals,"I will not worry about many cigs I smoke, how much coffee I drink, or how many calories I eat that day. FREE REIGN." you are amazing lovie.
    and oh i love that sculpture! elephants are the best, love them :)

    xx love you.
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg i love those paper sculpture(saw some on ur FB and i was like wow! :) seriously girl art is your thing! u should so defiantly pursue something in that field u are amazing and so talented, i always remember how u got a scholarship to Pratt(?) right? i think that is a true sign how much u have going for u Tori!

    well, ohh man black Friday! sounds like alot of work, but may be exciting and fun?! ;)

    love your goals!

    and thank for all the help and support! and i second us meeting for a fun ED FREE DAY in NYC! when i am ready :) froyo coffee shopping! ah i love u and i cant wait, we live really close? yes we do.. lol.
    well, have a lovely saturday! love u!

    xo
    maya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your elephant! I just found your blog and it's an absolute treasure. Enjoy your coffee and the chaos that ensues! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Black Friday sounds like it is going to be CRAZY. But at least you are going to be flexible, which will help you get through your day a lot!

    And holy moly, you are a genius, Tori! I never would have thought of using latte packets in oats... you just gave about 390,985,305 ideas. Thank you for being amazing :)

    You are wonderful, love. Hope your weekend is great!
    <3Karina

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWZERS! Hand over those latte mixes and noone gets hurt! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey Tori,
    I just read your post "sigh". It was incredibly beautiful, I can't put it into words. I'm so amazed by how knowledgeable and wise you are.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love the way you think, Tori! What do you do with fabulous mixes? Turn to the OATS! :D

    And Tori...thank you. Thank you so much for your wonderful words of comfort and wisdom. You're truly amazing, and I can only dream of meeting you in person one day! :D

    ReplyDelete