Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sharing is caring.

Since so many of you complimented my muffins, I figured I'd share my recipe:


MUFFINS
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup oats (I actually used 5-grain hot cereal)
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or just cinnamon and nutmeg)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/2-1 cup caned pumpkin
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1-2 large eggs, lightly beaten (I used 1/2 c. pumpkin and 2 eggs for fluffier muffins, but you can use one cup pumpkin to 1 egg instead if you want them denser.)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well. Then mix together the pumpkin, eggs and milk. Add the dry stuff to the wet, and mix until everything is moistened. Pour into your muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Also, my newest creation - the protein-ed up Chocolate Shake!

*I may have already drank about 1/4 of this before taking the picture* See how the shake is stuck in the straw? That my friends, is achieving milkshake greatness.

~1/2 c. milk of choice
~1/5 firm tofu
~1/2 c. chocolate ice cream (I used Ben and Jerry's but you're welcome to sub for something else)
~1-2 TBS chocolate syrup (You could make this "healthier" by using a cocoa powder/agave mix. But really, I'm about ease and I don't really give a damn. It tastes better with syrup IMO and that's why I use it.)
~1 scoop Dark Chocolate Dreams PB (optional)
~5-6 ice cubes (for extra frothy goodness)

Blend the tofu/milk together first. Then add ice cream/syrup/PB and blend again. Add the ice for one last run through the noise-maker. Pour into a pretty glass, add a straw and enjoy.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend! Mine has been most excellent. My ipod broke mid-run yesterday, so I had to buy a new one. I got an iPod touch for the same price as a regular iPod thanks to my lovely Wal-Mart discount card (made me love my job for the evening, let me tell you!) Spent Friday night with the boy. We went to the diner and got pancakes. Then spent the evening watching movies and stuff. That boy really is teaching me so much more than he could ever really "get". But I'm better off for it. Need to learn to lean back and relax more often.

Well! I'm off to my LAST day of Sunday class. Woot woot!

9 comments:

  1. glad youve been having fun. have a great sunday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that chocolate shake sounds/looks amazing! i dont see how you could possibly go wrong combining all those yummy ingrediants.
    keep having fun my love! you deserve to enjoy yourself :)

    xo hannah

    ps wooop for new ipods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you fill the muffin tin to the top, you'll get those big top bakery-style muffins :)

    have a nice day
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tori! Keep enjoying yourself, you deserve it, gorgeous!
    <3Karina

    ReplyDelete
  5. love making shakes! I have them so often for snacks after school
    and i made pumpkin muffins for my birthday brunch today! so delicious <3 have a lovely day darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipes!

    I've got an Ipod Touch too, love it! Good buy!

    xxx Julia (Taste of Living)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont know what I love more, a discounted IPod or some fine pancake action! Im so glad your happy and D seems to have come to his senses.

    I cannot tell you how much i love reading your posts. Ive been struggling alot lately and i love the inspiration (singing Chicago: Your the Inspiration in the background.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, what kind of taste does the tofu give a milkshake? I'd love to try it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. *adds muffins to holiday baking list*

    ReplyDelete