Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Hey hey hey! I hope everyone had a great holiday this weekend. This post is just a quickie before I pass out. But I wanted to make sure no one thought I had disappeared, and I wanted let you all in on a few things that have brightened my weekend! Just because.

~ Fun trip to the grocery store. I picked up some goods that I will be posting about later on this week. Woo! Also. I have a story about my trip there today. Long story short: I have not shopped at the grocery store in my home town in almost a year. I started going to the one in the next town over because it's right next to my job and that's convenient. Today, I went to the grocery store, with my mom, in my home town. People who work in that store STILL recognize me, and remember what I looked like 2 years ago. And I got several of the people there telling me how great I looked, how much happier I seemed and how glad they were to see I was really finally going to be okay.

~Spent a day with Dan. I haven't said much about the boy lately, I know. But I really mean it when I say I love that boy. I've never dated anyone this long before. And I still get excited whenever I think about him or get to see him. He doesn't just make me happy though - he argues with me when I'm being irrational and he refuses to ever let my (albeit now occasional) eating disordered or otherwise self-negative thoughts win. And as much as I sometimes wish he'd just let it go, I am really glad that he challenges me so much and even moreso - challenges me to challenge myself.

~ Here's a big one: I'm getting a new-used-car. My current vehicle is as old as I am and very much showing its wear and tear. Like, I have a hole in one of my passenger doors. And a cracked headlight. And the hood of my car has an over bite. It also doesn't have air bags or proper seat belts. So yes. NEW CAR! My parents offered to help me pay for it now, as long as I pay them back eventually. I'm very excited. I'll post up before/after pics once the new whip is in my possession.

Love you guys!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome about the car, you are a lucky lucky girl! And I cant wait to hear about your grocery purchases too! :) I'm glad you've had such a good week!
    maddi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY about the new car! And even as unpleasant as arguments are, I think it's sweet that your boyfriend watches out for you,to prevent you from acting out the ED voice.

    have a good start to April, Tori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!

    Oh I can imagine how weird it must be have people in the grocery store recognize me, lol.

    I hope this relation with the boy will work...I know I would love to be in his place xD just kidding :p

    Yay for the new car, this way you won't (hopefully) easily have car accidents like the last time >_<

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats about the car!!! So exciting! Glad you have someone who cares for you and keeps you accountable! You seem to have had a great relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for the carm girl!
    I´m so happy for you :)
    Have a wonderful week!
    Brazilian XOXO´s,
    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo for new car! I wish I had a car, period. It sucks to have to rely on other people all the time.

    By the way, same here with grocery stores! My town is a pretty nice, small town, so people I don't even know recognize me...and they stop me and say how much healthier I look. It's kind of awkward..but nice! :)

    ReplyDelete