Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Typical Days.

I've worked 9+ hours a day for the past five days. I work hard. I'm double coded to work in two different departments, and if the store decides to keep layaway open year round - they may move me to the back of the store permanently to run layaway and site-to-store orders.
So last night, its my friend P's birthday party. I was getting out of work at 10PM and wasn't sure if I was going to come out. And then my friend A and I devised a most devious plan. I told her, I want to get P with the NERF guns I have in the back of my car. And she loved the idea. So I had her convince him I wasn't even going to show up.
I walked through the back door of the bar. Right when I walked in, P saw me and almost jumped out of his seat. I haven't seen him in a few weeks so he was stoked I came out after work. I sat down with the group for a few minutes. And then said I was gonna head out. My friends A and D said they'd walk me to my car. I loaded everyone up with NERF gear. We waited outside of the bar, hiding in any possible place. Our friend C lured P out of the bar for us.

And then we attacked. My foam dart shooting skills are a force to be reckoned with. First shot: Right in the chest. We all yelled "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BISH!" (I may have added a "Hazaa!"....) And then everyone else proceeded to barrage him with foam darts. And just as he was getting into the doorway, I shot him again - this time in the back of the head. P insists I should consider a career in law enforcement. And I quote "You are the only person I know that would have NERF gear in her car at all times, just in case."

Today is finally a day off. And so far this morning, I'm sitting on my living room floor, eating a bowl of cereal and watching "Beauty and the Beast". Later today, I hope to test out the new playground with the Boy. It will be fun. We used to go to the same park when we were growing up so we were both a little upset about it being replaced. Such is my life. This is all pretty normal.

1 comment:

  1. wooo update! It's so nice to read how well you are doing - no, not nice, amazing! You're such an inspiration :) I'm presenting a speech/forum on anorexia soon at a massive artistry/music/food/health festival two days after Christmas, and reading about others' recoveries has helped a huge amount with having different perspectives on it from my own. All the best for 2012 and a Merry Christmas indeed!

    ReplyDelete